Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Nursery Tour

I am so excited to finally share pictures of Baby J's nursery! You'll remember from this post that we decided to do a Key West/shabby-chic for boys theme. Being that we rent and can't paint or personalize things the way we could if we were homeowners, I had my doubts about how this room would turn out. Thanks to a handy husband and father-in-law, some very generous friends and family, and a little creativity and bargain-hunting on my part, it turned out exactly the way I wanted!


Wicker Turtles - Pottery Barn Kids (small size only available in stores)
Delta 4-in-1 Convertible Crib in Cherry - Wal-Mart Online
Madras Print Crib Skirt & Quilt - Pottery Barn Kids (online only)
Circo Fitted Crib Sheet - Target 
Extra Large Sabrina Basket, White - Pottery Barn Kids
Curtains - Target, very old



Rocker - $20 antique store find that Colin refinished
Sherpa Baby Blanket - similar here
Boppy - Target
Boppy Cover - BixbyBasil
Pineapple Basket (I store lotion, Butt Paste and A&D ointment in here) - Nate Berkus for Target
Diaper Basket - Marshall's 
Changing Pad - Summer Infant, available on Amazon
Madras Print Changing Pad Cover - Pottery Barn Kids
Lamp - old, probably from Target 
Dresser - belonged to Colin's grandmother
Drawer Pulls - old Target, similar here
Diaper Genie - available on Amazon
Laundry Basket - Marshall's

My handmade decoupage letters are hung above the dresser but I deliberately left them out of these pictures since we're keeping the name a secret until baby's birthday.  :)

Chalkboard - Marshall's
Large Sabrina Basket, Espresso - Pottery Barn Kids 
Cloud B Twilight Turtle - available on Amazon 
Crane Drop Humidifier - available on Amazon
Lamp - very old, I'm talking college days old
Table - I got this when I moved into my apartment in DC. It was bare wood (and totally scratched up by our cat), but with a little TLC from Colin and his dad, aka "Pop-pop," it looks brand new!
Seahorse Rocker - Handmade by an awesomely talented friend; full picture below

Did you notice how I'm not-so-subtly trying to hide our printer under the table?? This room used to be our office and, as you saw here, my coffee table is my "office" now. 

 Lyrics to Lee Brice, "Love Like Crazy" Print - Made by yours truly
(Preggos and Mommies - don't listen to this song without a box of tissues nearby. Gets me every time...)
Wood Frame - Marshall's

 Whale Print - Also made by me using Microsoft Publisher and ClipArt
Distressed White Frame - Target

And one more close up of this because it's so awesome :)


Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of our friends and family who purchased or made a lot of the items in this room for us. We are so appreciative and we hope the baby likes his room as much as we do!

1 comment:

  1. Love all of the elements of the room. The only thing it is missing is Baby McCormick. I can't wait until he gets to feel the love you have filled the room with.

    ReplyDelete