Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Boppy Cover from BixbyBasil

Lately, I've been ordering so many things for Baby J and his room that sometimes I forget when I'm expecting a delivery. <--- Ha! See what I did there? Expecting a delivery? Get it??

Yesterday I was delighted to see that this adorable Boppy cover from BixbyBasil had arrived.

Seashore Boppy Cover
I purchased a plain Boppy pillow from Target awhile ago but wasn't crazy about any of the covers that traditional big-box stores had to offer. I hate baby-ish looking stuff - pastels, farm animals, zoo animals, or silly onsies that say things like "I'm a cute-a-saurus rex!" with eighty-five bazillion dinosaurs all over it. No thank you. Before I was even pregnant, I knew I did not want my baby's room (or the baby, for that matter) to look like Fisher Price threw up on them.

My brilliant husband had the idea to do a Key West themed nursery, inspired by the best vacation we've ever taken to, you guessed it: Key West. We went to celebrate my graduation from graduate school and we can't wait to go back. Here we are on Duval Street, just after the sunset.



The nursery is actually turning out exactly the way I envisioned - madras print, lots of wicker baskets, framed country music lyrics, an antique white rocking chair, turtles and whales, (for some reason I am oddly OK with these animals but not the puppies/bears/butterflies/etc. that usually adorn most baby products). Think shabby-chic for boys. I'm thinking a nursery tour post is in order soon...

Usually when I can't find what I want from a store, I turn to Etsy. There are so many talented artists selling pretty much anything you can dream of and, they'll usually customize it for you if it's not exactly what you're searching for.  On my quest for a non-pastel, non-animal covered Boppy cover, I stumbled across this one and ordered it immediately because it is perfect for our Key West theme. I was even able to customize the back with this super soft minky fabric:


So, if you're looking for some unique items for your little one or a great no-one-will-get-the-same-thing baby shower gift, hop on over to BixbyBasil to check out her awesome selection of Boppy covers and other home & nursery decor!

1 comment:

  1. Love this Boppy!! So cute. I can't wait for the nursery tour

    ReplyDelete