Friday, September 27, 2013

High Five For Friday

Happy Friday, kids! You know how this goes...

1) On Sunday I spent almost an hour and a half on the phone with one of my best friends. She doesn't live nearby so it's not often that we really get to catch up on each other's lives, but when we do it's like we've never missed a beat. It was so good to hear her voice and to catch up with her and to just hit the pause button on life for a little while.

2) Thanks to the phone conversation above, I was able to reconnect with an old friend from college who I haven't talked to in 10 years. <--- how is it possible that I can refer to some of my college days as "10 years ago?" That should be on a Low Five list somewhere...Anyway, I am so happy to be back in touch with her and I'm looking forward to being involved in each others lives again.

3) The turkey's done! That's right - I've hit the 37 week mark which is full term. Baby J is now fully cooked and could be making his grand debut any day now.

4) Earlier this week when Col and I were grocery shopping, two complete strangers came up to me (separately) and told me that I looked wonderful and that they couldn't even tell I was pregnant until I turned around. I could have kissed both of them. Just one more reason to love Wegman's - nice people shop there. :)

5) This video may have made my entire week. I think I've already watched it 5 or 6 times. How can this not make you smile? If you didn't like Sesame Street as a child, we can't be friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment