Friday, October 4, 2013

I scream, you scream, we all scream for...

... ice cream beer. Fall beer, to be more specific.

Dogfish Head Punkin Ale

This is the best pumpkin beer that exists on this earth. Period. Don't even try to argue with a pregnant woman who hasn't had a beer in 10 months.

Our local liquor store sells out of this particular brew very quickly once it hits the shelves. And once it's gone for the season, it's gone until next year. You snooze, you lose with this delicious amber liquid.

Since Baby J isn't due to arrive until October 19th (translation: Mamma is not allowed to drink until baby's arrival), I knew if I didn't get my hands on some this fall, I would have to wait a whole year before it reappeared. Lucky for me, our liquor store has an Instagram account where news of this beer's delivery was posted.

You better believe I sent Colin over there to pick some up for my personal stockpile. Even if I'm accompanying him, I still feel super awkward waddling into a liquor store all pregnant and stuff. People are mean and they judge with their eyes.

At a whopping $9+ for a 4-pack, I really couldn't justify getting more than two. And, lets face it, after 10 months of not drinking, I doubt I'll even be able to finish one. Maybe these will last me until next fall...

Ha! Yeah right.



So there it sits, next to the milk and orange juice, just waiting for me to drink it. Will Ferrell couldn't have said it better: "It's so good. Once it hits your lips, it's so good."

No comments:

Post a Comment